A stay at the serene eco-lodge Green Mansions is special because it is at Gavi Tour Package, a pristine, unexplored and wild destination to enjoy the Kerala holiday of lifetime. The Kerala Tourism eco project of Gavi is a successful launch of Kerala Forest Development Corporation (KFDC). This is a recently listed leading eco-tourism centre and one of the must see places in India. The place is rich in flora and fauna. (more…)
All posts tagged Pachakanam
Gavi Eco Tourism
Gavi Eco Tourism project is an inspiring ecotourism project from Kerala Forest Development Corporation ( KFDC). The pristine nature of Gavi has inspired KFDC to create it an exceptional concept in eco-tourism including adventure experiences. Alstair International listed Gavi as the leading eco-tourism centres and one of the must-see places in India. As a result, Gavi is seeing high influx of visitors especially it attracts European tourists.
Gavi is a picturesque village in Pathanamthitta district. It is a part of Periyar Tiger Reserve and take prior approval from Forest department to enter the forest as they are organizing accommodation and trekking programs here. The highlight of Gavi ecotourism project is local community participation. It enhances and supports their livelihood. Gavi has many tribal pockets and settlements . These tribals and their way of life helps to preserve the state of the Gavi surroundings in its original character for the generations to come. The way to Gavi is carpeted with lush greenery of plantations. Gavi is home to exotic flora and fauna. It is the base camp for deep jungle trekkers, bird watchers, and research students.
Things to do in Gavi
- Trekking – Sabarimala is a short trek from Gavi and climb there and have the Sabarimala temple view
- Wildlife Watching – One can spot elephants, the lion-tailed macaques, barking deer and sambars. Nilgiri Tahrs can be seen at Kochu Pampa.
- Birding – 260 species of birds including the great pied hornbill, woodpecker, and Kingfishers.
- Night Safari to witness nocturnal life of wild animals – Gavi Pullumedu, Kochu Pampa, Pachakanam give exciting opportunities
- Camping in the forests – Stay at top tree huts
- Visit to paradise cove at Ninnumulli
- Boating in the Gavi & Kochupampa Lakes.
- Leisurely cruise through spice gardens and cardamom factory
If you want to visit somewhere off the beaten track, then Gavi is waiting for you – a preserved virgin forest provide a natural sanctuary for many species of birds and wildlife. An intricate web of well-established and maintained trails. Have your camera ready for the breathtaking natural beauty you will encounter on this once in a lifetime adventure.
Gavi Tour Pictures