Ayurveda – art of being, a documentary film by Pan Nalin, introduces viewers to an alternative approach to medicine, widely practiced in India that is Ayurveda. It was produced by Pandora Films in association with Monsoon Films. (more…)
All posts tagged Ayurvedic treatment
Kovalam Beach, Kerala is famous for its enchanting strip of golden sands backed by the rich greenery of coconut palms. Once a fishing village, Kovalam shot into increasing popularity by the outcome of hippies. This eventually led to the transformation of this once fishing village into one of the most sought out tourist destination in ‘Gods Own Country’- Kerala. It is just 16Km from Trivandrum, Kerala’s capital city. (more…)
Kerala Kalari Centre at Thekkady, Kerala conduct performances of Kalaripayattu, the oldest of martial arts. Here daily Kalari performances were conducted in Kuzhikalari, a highly designed gallery built in such a way that the viewers can watch the performances from a safer distance. Daily performances is from 6 pm to 7pm . Special shows also conducted on request.’ (more…)
Ahalia Health and Heritage Campus is located in a beautiful landscape at the foot of the Western Ghats in Palakkad and houses the Ahalia Foundation Eye Hospital and Ahalia Ayurvedic Hospital and treatment centre. (more…)
Located in famous beach town of Varkala, Kairali Ayurveda Madom is a prestigious and established institution in the field of Ayurvedic treatment, pursuing the path laid down by the ancient text. The Madom, set up early as 1900, offers a bouquet of Ayurvedic treatments for various ailments, with the utmost care taken at every step right from the preparation of medicines and oils up to the post-treatment care. (more…)
Haritagiri – Greenery in its peak….
If you wake up to the sweet sounds of the birds and the cool breeze through the windows that freezes your face, you are surely in any one of the elegant, luxurious and cosy bedrooms of Haritagiri Hotel and Ayurvedic Village. (more…)
Ayurkendra – Authentic Ayurveda in Wayanad
Ayurkendra, the Kalpetta based Ayurvedic treatment center provides all types of classic healthcare facilities to the patients. With uncompromising focus on quality service, it has become one of the rare centers where traditional wisdom meets the complex modern needs. Equipped with decades of traditional wisdom on indigenous health systems and Ayurveda, Badu Vaidyer, the Managing Director of Ayurkendra had started his services in therapeutic treatment at various parts of the district, way back in late eighties. (more…)
Kerala is one of India’s top travel destinations, possessing an endless range of attractions and activities that cater for the shopper, cultural enthusiast, historical buff and nature-lover. Kerala Tourism will allure you with the shopping experience of its cities, the splendor of its cultural arts and natural heritage of rich flora and fauna!
Kerala is a friendly, beautiful, culturally rich state and one that’s extremely good value for money to travel in. It’s modern enough to be comfortable yet full of natural beauty to be mesmerized. (more…)
Surrounded by coconut plantation on the eastern shore of Lake Vembanad in Kumarakom at the mouth of the River Kavanar, is Coconut Lagoon, a CGH Earth Group Kerala Tourism property that has water and history as its defining elements. (more…)
Best Western Marickar Hotels & Suites, a collaboration between Best Western International and the Marickar Group, is the ideal choice for both business and leisure Kerala travelers during their sojourn at Kochi. Complemented by serene surroundings, efficient service, this 3-star Kerala hotel, with most modern amenities is the last word in hospitality. It is located adjacent to Nedumbassery International Airport premises and within easy driving distance from the Railway Station and Ernakulam town. (more…)
Beejoe Holidays, an experienced tourist service venture with office in several countries, offers travelers a wide range of Kerala holiday experiences. Beejoe Holidays is the most trusted name for travelers who seek the true spirit of a destination. Veering of the beaten path, the company offers travelers holidays experiences with local cultures, unique modes of transportation, and stay in lodgings that reflect the essence of the destination. (more…)
Geography and Climate of Kovalam
Altitude Sea level Latitude 8′ 05′ Longitude 77′ 15″ Rainfall 170 cm Season Throughout Tropical (Best September to May) Temperature – Summer 20.6c(mean min), Winter 18.0c(mean min)
Kovalam is bestowed with 17 kms coastline and having three prominent beaches. Kovalam beach consist of three successive crescent beaches spearated by rocky headlands – Light House Beach, Hawwa Beach and Samudra Beach. Southernmost beach is the The Lighthouse Beach is most popular among the three. Red and white coloured one tower exists that’s why, it is called as Lighthouse beach. The northernmost one is the Samudra and is the quietest. Hawwa Beach is the one in the middle where fishing activities are common in the mornings. Ashoka beach is also the part of Kovalam beach. Kovalam beach sands are partially black in colour due to the presence of ilmenite and thorazite. (more…)
Things to do and know in Kovalam
- Kovalam is one of the cleanest and safest beaches in the world.
- Enjoy Kerala traditional art forms like Kathakali, Kalaripayattu.
- 10 day long The Gramam Kerala Village Fair takes place during the month of January- typical Kerala Village is recreated on Kovalam beaches with thatched Nalukettu and local tea shops.
- The great elephant march takes place on Kovalam beach mid-January. Nearly 100 elephants make a stylish parade before tourists. Tourists will get opportunities for Elephant rides and Elephant feeding.
- Must experience traditional Ayurvedic Treatment.
- Just relax on sea sand sipping tender coconut water and gaze at blue sea.
- White sand beach is the perfect place for yoga practice & meditation.
Must to do
- Beach combing or simply enjoying the most breathtaking sunset.
- Water Sports – You can indulge in water sports like Beach-volley, water skiing, para sailing, kayaking, skiing, windsurfing etc. Must do Snorkeling while you can see patches of coral reefs.
- Walk along the seashore on moonlit nights.
- Backwater cruise provides enchanting view of nearby village life.
- Visit Vizhinjam village, which is fishing village. Also visit Marine Aquarium near Theatre junction.
Shopping in Kovalam
- Buy Kerala souvenirs, handicraft items,sea shell prodcts paintings – Little Tibet Arts (between Malabar and Coconut Grove Restaurant)
Kovalam Cuisine – regional food
- Being located on seashore, Kovalam presents wide array of sea food items. The delicacies include tiger prawns, lobster, mussels, squid, crab etc.
- Must taste Teesria (juicy clams) prepared in coconut milk
- The German Bakery – A full range of baked goods are available
- Bethel, (down the alleyway between Fusion and Swiss Cafe) and Suprabatham – Vegetarian Restaurants
- Fruit Ladies – for all kinds of fruits
- Kovalam Junction and Fusion restaurant, Light House Beach – Excellent Non vegetarian and sea food menus
- You can try food from Sea Face Dosa Camp, Lonely Planet, Garcia…..