Kerala Tourism has made concerted efforts and formulated tourism policy which aims to market in overseas and domestic markets through Mega Tourism Projects, a judicious mix of cultural, heritage, spiritual, and eco tourism in order to give tourists a holistic experience. Developing the infrastructure required for tourism is a key focus area of Kerala tourism policy 2012. As part of this, it envisages the development of infrastructure plans for key tourism destinations in the State.
The draft also talks about steps to strengthen the responsible tourism movement in the state and community development through tourism. This is part of the effort to ensure that tourism has a positive impact on a destination. All these efforts are in a bid to improve the quality of products and services offered by tour operators.
Tourism department of Kerala held a partnership meeting in New Delhi. This was the tenth partnership meet by them and they have entirely brought nearly 45 representatives, owners and tour operators from various places like resorts, medical tourism and hotels. Nearly 575 travel delegates attended this meeting from National Capital regions.
Mohanan S who is the joint director of Kerala tourism said that the domestic source markets were Maharashtra, West Bengal and Karnataka and the top international markets are UK, Germany and USA
The Government also intends to launch special campaigns for NRI investments in the tourism sector.
The entire revenue earned by the Kerala tourism is INR 19,000 crore in 2011, which showed a surge of 11.5 percent in comparison to 2010.
Planning a Holiday in Kerala, give a call to our Travel Consultants on 98460 89546, who are professionals in hotels and holidays Or Fill out the form below. We will help organizing a perfect trip for you.
- Saparya–Kerala tourism initiative to boost Community tourism
- Vijayan Thomas Appointed as Chairperson of Kerala Tourism Development Corporation
- Development of Kuttanad, Kerala – Unique Tourism Project
- Kerala Tourism Development Corporation Hotels
- Kerala Tourism Development Corporation
- Master plan for the development of Alappuzha Backwater Tourism
- Kerala Tourism road shows a hit in Australia
- Kerala Tourism promotes Pollution Free Tourism
- Kerala Tourism | role of Kerala people
- Alleppey Tourism Development Co-operative Society