This is certainly good news for the Kerala travel and Kerala tourism industry. In the recently held prestigious FITUR 2011 edition, Kerala Tourism, the state government’s tourism promotion agency has clinched award for the best International stand. FITUR, an international Tourism trade Fair, is the second largest tourism exhibition in the world was held in Madrid, Spain. Colombia and Portugal were the other winners of this Award.
Kerala’s appealing stand staged traditional theme; the backwaters, traditional country boat , Chinese fishing nets and lanterns. Kerala Tourism’s exquisitely done stand image built with eco-friendly materials enticed visitors. The jury selected winners by evaluating design, content, ability to attract visitors, materials utilised etc. Kerala tourism with it’s winning campaign ‘God’s own country ‘regularly participates in major international trade fairs to attract tourists to Kerala and offering more experiences and more value with every visit. This award is a recognition to the efforts of Kerala to become an international destination and this is the first time an Indian destination has won this prestigious Award at FITUR,. In addition, it will be a boast to the local Kerala tourism players as this award will help Kerala enhance its reputation in the tourism industry and attract more visitors to the state.
- Kerala bagged the best Asian holiday destination award in the ‘Best Travel Poll 2010′
- Kerala Tourism ad film ‘Your Moment is Waiting’ wins award at Berlin
- Kerala Travel and Tourism Campaign – Go Kerala
- Magician Gopinath Muthukad conferred with International Merlin Award
- 2011 budget allocation for Kerala Tourism Sector
- Kerala Tourism promotes Pollution Free Tourism
- Kerala Travel and Kerala Tourism Tips
- Kerala Tourism | role of Kerala people
- Splash – Wayanad Monsoon Tourism
- Kochi starting point of Kerala tour and Kerala travel