A two day Kerala Health Tourism Meet 2011 will be held at Hotel Le Meridien, Kochi from Oct 21 -22, 2011. The third edition of this conference is being organized by Confederation of Indian Industry ( CII ).
This Health tourism meet 2011 would promote strong infrastructure and world-class medical facilities of the state, emerging opportunities with which Kerala hoped to be a significant part of the world medical tourism. Kerala is more known for its ayurveda-based wellness tourism. The highlight of the event is promote the intellectual talent and the modern facilities available in the State in the medical field need to be packaged well to the European nations, the U.S. apart from the Gulf nations.
Important persons who are expected to attend this meeting are Sri Oommen Chandy (Chief Minister of Kerala), A. P. Anilkumar(Tourism minister), Dr G Madhavan Nair(Former ISRO Chairman), Dr Philip Augustine (MD & CEO Lakeshore Hospital & Research Centre Ltd) & Dr Girdhar J Gyani respectively.
Tourist resorts, tourism promotion boards, hotels, policy makers, hospitals & companies providing health insurance will take part in the meet.
- AFTM 2011 Kerala Agri-Food Technology Meet in Thrissur
- Kerala first health mall BCG Health Square
- All India Health and Beauty Expo 2011 at Kottayam
- Cochin Twestival 2011 – a meet up of twitters on March 24th, 2011
- Fashionista Lifestyle Exhibition 2011 in Hotel Abad Plaza, Kochi
- NRHM to launch Lifestyle clinics in Kerala to improve state health parameters.
- CII Kerala Family Business meet at Hotel Dream, Cochin
- Medical Tourism gaining momentum in Kerala
- Punjabi Food Festival at Le Meridien, Kochi, Kerala
- Symposium on tourism at Hotel Mascot, Thiruvanathapuram