Here is the good news for those who missed the chance of enjoy seeing those giant dams
A speedboat has also been owned from the Kerala State Electricity Board to put into operation, which can accommodate five persons and an average service of 10 a day. The dam is expecting more tourists during this season with the closing of educational institutions for the quarterly holidays.
Both Idukki and Cheruthoni Dam will not be always kept opened for the visitors coming from nearby area and other parts of the country. People would get the opportunity of walking along the dam top only on the festival and vacation times. Many people who came here at unseason got frustrated as they would not be allowed to enter into the Dam. Here is the good news for those who missed the chance of enjoy seeing those giant dams
A speedboat has also been owned from the Kerala State Electricity Board to put into operation, which can accommodate five persons and an average service of 10 a day.
A boat journey through the Idukki reservoir provides a panoramic view of the Wildlife Sanctuary, and wild animals, including elephants, can be sighted at times. The police have taken a heavy security measure and visitors have to pass through a metal detector before entering the area. Cameras and mobile phones are also restricted.
Idukki and Cheruthoni Dams in Idukki district, Kerala, are the most popular tourist attractions of the state. Of which Idukki Dam is still popular since it’s the biggest arch dam of Asia with an amazing height of 550 ft.
- Haritholsavam 2011 in Maradu market, Kochi from Sep 3 to 7, 2011 to woo public
- Idukki dam beautification Project
- Heartmiles Kochi Marathon 2011 on September 25th, will start from Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary
- Youth Orator of Kochi 2011 winners – excellent campus public speakers
- Dewalokam Resort, Idukki
- Vastra opened Online store for Ayurveda based clothing which provide unique healing properties
- Signature 2011 Fashion Show by Nirmala College of IT on June 18th, 2011
- Kerala CM launched 24 x 7 Public Grievance Redressal Cell – Citizen can make complain directly to CM