Heli taxi services introduced in Kerala on 9th October 2010 by Cochin International Airport Ltd ,”CIAL“, the Airport Company. It will start operations from Kochi International Airport, Nedumbassery. Kerala tourism infrastructure would get further boost with the launch of Heli taxi services and it solely targets high end tourists. Helicopter tours provide a unique Kerala experience through seamless travel and tough to access destinations have been brought to within easy reach. Helicopter tourism adds new dimension to Kerala Travel sector. By availing the services, tourist can fly to pilgrimage places and tourist spots in Kerala.
For over 20 years Professional Helicopter Services , Banglore based Bharath Airways Private Limited, contracts with CIAL for helicopter service operations. It has received all regulatory approvals and there will be a special terminal at Kochi airport providing four to five helipads exclusively for the heli taxi services.
In the initial phase, heli-taxi services will be operated from Nedumbassery to Nilackal which is situated near the famous pilgrimage centre of Sabarimala. The services would be useful for thousands of devotees from various parts of the country who wanted to visit the Sabarimala Ayyappa Temple.
CIAL will of be resuming operations from Kochi to Nilackal by 7-seater Bell 407 Helicopters. This fly will take 30 minutes and American made helicopter can carry a total of seven passengers including five tourist and two pilots.
Heli tourism would drastically cut down travel time and greatly enhance accessibility to inaccessible tourist spots.
CIAL is aggressively looking at expanding its customer base, and planning to tie up with Kerala Tourism Development Corporation. Bookings for heli services can be done at http://www.keralaairtaxi.com.
- Kerala Tourism promotes Pollution Free Tourism
- Kerala Travel and Tourism Campaign – Go Kerala
- Cochin International Airport Limited
- 2011 budget allocation for Kerala Tourism Sector
- Kerala Travel and Kerala Tourism Tips
- Kerala Tourism | role of Kerala people
- Kerala Tourism bagged best stand award at FITUR 2011, in Madrid, Spain
- Splash – Wayanad Monsoon Tourism
- Kochi starting point of Kerala tour and Kerala travel
- Kerala Tourism ad film ‘Your Moment is Waiting’ wins award at Berlin