Are you a runner? Yes, here it is a chance…..
Kochi is warming up for marathon. Heartmiles Kochi Marathon 2011, will be held on September 25, 2011. The marathon will be flagged off from Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium at 6 a.m. and finish there at 12.30 p.m. It will pass through Kaloor Junction, Kadavanthra Junction, Vytilla Junction, and Palarivattom Junction.
The event is being organised by the district administration in association with Lions Club International District 324 E4, Heart Care Foundation (HCF), Cardiological Society of India (CSI), National Rural Health Mission (NRHM), the Southern Naval Command and the City Police.
The event will be held in 11 different categories – marathon (42 km), half marathon (21 km), corporate team (11 km), college students (11 km), individual – men (5 km) women (4 km), school students (5 km) children (4 km), and senior citizen – men (4 km), women (4 km).
The winner of the marathon will take home Rs. 2 lakh, those finishing second and third will get Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 50,000 respectively. The winners in half marathon will receive Rs. 50,000, Rs. 25,000, and Rs. 15,000 respectively. Awards of Rs. 10,000, Rs. 7,500, and Rs. 5,000 will be given to those finishing in the first three positions in the individual men’s and women’s category. Winners in other categories will receive trophies. There is a category called Kochi Dream Run, which is not a competition but a run for the cause of Kochi Marathon.
While the minimum age limit for competing in the marathon and half marathon is 18 years and 15 years respectively, there is no upper age limit. For men, the age limit is between16 and 59 years, school students between 12 and 18 years, women 16 and 54 years, and children 8 and 15 years.
The minimum age limit for men and women in the senior citizen category is 60 and 55 years respectively and for Kochi Dream Run 8 years.
Tel: 0484-3089966, 3089968
- Movie Marathon @ Cinemax, Oberon Mall ( March 4 -31)
- Kochi International Fashion Week 2011 ( KIFW) at Casino Hotel
- IGNIZ 2011 – Annual Technical & Cultural Festival of SCMS School of Engineering and Technology in September
- 59 th Nehru Trophy boat race – Nehru Trophy boat race 2011 on August 13th on Punnamada Lake, Alappuzha
- Silk Mark Expo 2011 opens in Kochi at Gokulam Convention centre
- International Cyber Law Seminar 2011 in Cochin
- India International Travel Mart (IITM) 2011 in Cochin
- Kochi International Marina
- Cochin to witness Script 2011- International Short film festival
- Youth Orator of Kochi – YOK 2011 to spot the best speakers among College Students