The agri-horti festival, Haritholsavam 2011,as part of onam, will begin at the Agricultural Urban wholesale market, Maradu,,Kerala on September 3rd 2011. Banana is the focus fruit of the five-day festival which concludes on September 7 , 2011. Department of Agriculture, Government of India and Government of Kerala is jointly organizing ‘Haritholsavam’ .
The event will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at 4 p.m on Sep, 3rd. Prof. K V Thomas, minister of state for food, consumer affairs and public distribution will be the chief guest for the programme.
Swaminathan, renowned agriculture scientist, will also attend in the function.
In the agricultural festival 60 varieties of banana will be displayed at the 100-foot-long banana theme display area. A 4,000 sq.ft theme village will also be a prime attraction of Haritholsavam.
More than 60 exhibitors from across the country will take part in the festival and will set up about 100 stalls spread across 50,000 sq.ft at the venue. The vegetables and fruits area will have various fruits and vegetables displayed by the Kerala Agricultural Department and Vegetables and Fruits Promotion Council, Kerala.
A Karshaka sangamam is organized that will have discussions and technical sessions by experts from across the state.
Some of the participating agencies include National Horticulture Board, State Horticulture Mission Kerala, Agriculture Department, Department of Horticulture, Chhattisgarh Bamboo Mission, Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University and Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies.
Agricultural Urban Wholesale Market at Nettoor in Maradu Municipality is now becoming the most preferred joint for buying vegetables. Come Wednesday and the market place is packed with people. Consumers vouch that the vegetables sold at the market are fresh and cheap compared to other markets in the city. Maradu,Kochi fair was turned into a permanent annual feature and clubbed with the tourism calender of the state.
- Youth Orator of Kochi 2011 winners – excellent campus public speakers
- Scandinavia is a growing market for Kerala
- 17 & 23 cents plot for sale at Maradu, Kochi
- E – Toilet in Kerala | Public Toilets in Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi going E way
- AFTM 2011 Kerala Agri-Food Technology Meet in Thrissur
- National Mango festival in Thiruvananthapuram
- Wellness industry to market authentic Ayurveda
- Fashionista Lifestyle Exhibition 2011 in Hotel Abad Plaza, Kochi
- Hairomax Miss South India 2011 on Nov 5th at Gokulam Park Inn, Kochi
- Silk Mark Expo 2011 opens in Kochi at Gokulam Convention centre