You can have a Taste of Kerala traditions and experience the culture at Greenix Village, Fort Kochi. Greenix village provides an ancestral Kerala village ambience and is open from 6 in the morning to 10 in the night. The main aim of the village is to attract foreign travelers to Kochi through providing artistic experience at residence. It gives you glimpses of the local Kerala culture and traditions.
The traditional elaborate Kerala meal with payasam is served here. They organize mock weddings while you get a chance to drape kasavu mundu and saree.
A cultural multiplex, it comprises 2 large theatres for dance performances, a cultural museum, a Kalaripayattu Training Square, an Art Gallery restaurant, a Curio Shop, a Book Shop and 7 rooms, built specifically for long stay guests interested in researching and learning Kerala art forms.
They organize cultural programs every evening with Kerala’s best-known dance drama Kathakali and martial art form Kalaripayattu, Theyyam, Chakiyarkoothu and Ottanthullal being the important items. Some of the other activities here include, a cultural audio-visual history at their in-house museum, classical Indian music and yoga training every morning.
If you need to wait before a performance, walk about two minutes to Solar Cafe where you can have a fruit shake or a coffee and browse through their collection of many interesting used books. There are beautiful paintings of Onyx Paulose, an artist from Mattancherry and drawings on the walls.
Greenix also offers various massages that start from about Rs 600 for a one hour massage at Thatva’, an Ayurvedic spa.
Many films and advertisements have been picturised in the backdrop of this village. A scene for the song ‘Mazhaneer Thullikal’ for the Malayalam movie, ‘Beautiful’ das been shot here recently.
- Kerala Village Life
- Fort Kochi Hotels – Best Fort Kochi accomodation
- Responsible Tourism Village at Thanthonni Thuruthu Island in Kochi backwaters
- Beypore Kerala Handicraft village
- Malabar House, Fort Kochi – boutique hotel in Kerala
- Preservation of Heritage tourism at Fort Kochi
- Space Science Museum at Pallikara, Kochi – perfect place to experience science
- Napier House, Fort Kochi – 200 year old Dutch Heritage
- Kadamanitta Padayani Village
- Kashi Art Cafe, Fort Kochi – popular hangout in Kochi