Grand Kerala Shopping Festival (GKSF) 2011 was a huge success, judging from the overall boost to the trade sector. It has become a significant factor in Kerala’s economic growth and development in recent times. According to the tourism Minister, the huge success of Kerala’s own shopping festival has paved the way for the cumulative growth of the State. The total revenue, both direct and indirect, from tourism touched Rs. 19,037 crore last year compared to Rs. 17,348 crore in 2010 showing an increase of 9.74 per cent.
On the just concluded Grand Kerala Shopping Festival Season, the Minister said it was a big success as 5,382 partner shops enrolled in the 45-day festival without any compulsion. A record 50 lakh coupons was sold to the shoppers. The dream of Kerala emerging as an international shopping destination is materialises in two years
But the pan-State coverage of GKSF had helped stimulate the manufacturing sector, including the traditional as well as small-scale and large-scale trade sectors
GKSF also saw wholesale participation from not just people within the State but also from international and domestic tourists, a number of whom went on to win lucky dip prizes, including gold. Even as the effects of economic recession were still being felt in many parts of the world, Kerala was able to improve trade and economy as a result of GKSF, said Rathan Kelkar, Additional Director, Kerala Department of Tourism, and Director, Grand Kerala Shopping Festival.
- GKSF 2011 – Grand Kerala Shopping Festival from Dec 1
- Kerala All Set for Grand Kerala Shopping Festival
- Manorama Fiesta 2011 shopping festival at Jawaharlal International Stadium in Kaloor, Kochi
- Dubai Shopping Festival 2012 – Holiday Package 3Nights/4Days
- Cochin Carnival 2011 – Cochin geared for an absolute party time
- Splash 2011 – Wayanad Monsoon tourism Festival
- Shopping malls in Kerala
- Shopping in Kerala
- Cochin to witness Script 2011- International Short film festival
- Kerala Tribal Festival