Tourists will be able to see and learn Kathakali and other traditional art forms at air-conditioned ultra-modern folklore cultural theatre maintained by the Fort Kochi Heritage Conservation Society. Already, Fort Kochi is home to many arenas adjacent to hotels and other places, where different art forms are staged. Tourists take keen interest in all aspects of art forms, starting from the painstaking process of applying make-up on the artistes, to the storyline and different mudras. The theater will be rented out for cultural performances on fixed rent.
The complex will have dormitories and 22 rooms. It will provide accommodation options to the tourists coming to Fort Kochi and as it is near to bus stand, thus preferably an option. Already 11 rooms are leased out and it will be fully functional by January 2012 end.
The Fort Kochi tourism complex will also house tourist information centres, tour operating agencies, banks, toilets and other amenities. Three of the 20 rooms are allotted to Kerala State Road Transport Corporation employees and there will be a Kerela State Road Transport Corporation ticket booking counter at the tourism complex.
The proper functioning of the theatre is expected to add to the revenue as per District Collector P I Sheik Pareeth, who is also heading the Fort Kochi Heritage Conservation Society.
- Bernard Bungalow, Fort Kochi – Budget Heritage Homestay
- Preservation of Heritage tourism at Fort Kochi
- Greenix Village Fort Kochi – experience Kerala traditions and culture
- Fort Kochi Hotels – Best Fort Kochi accomodation
- Chellanam Agri tourism project to promote Fort Cochin-Alappuzha Corridor Tourism
- 2011 budget allocation for Kerala Tourism Sector
- Fort Kochi – Charming Signature of Modern Tourism
- Heritage Property at Fort Kochi for sale in Tourist Area
- Elphinstone Residency – Fort Kochi Hotel
- Police aid post in Kerala ensures safety of tourists