Tagged as the first of its kind in the country, a short film festival SCRIPT 2011 – Social & Corporate Responsibility International Promotional Theatre held in Kochi during January. After its successful launch in Kochi, it invites entries for SCRIPT 2012. The last date for submission of short films is 1st December 2011.
The festival will be Organised by the Rotary Club of Cochin Metropolis, which has support from the Public Broadcasting Service Trust and the Indian Documentary Producers Association (IDPA).
The festival organisers have conceived this as a platform for showcasing urgent social and humanitarian problems, community responses and inspiring success stories.
It seeks to recognise outstanding short films that deal with relevant global and local social issues, thereby drawing world attention to these issues.
A jury headed by Revathy, renowned actor and director, will shortlist the entries. The four categories include filmmakers (20 films); international (5 films); students (7 films); and corporates (5 films). There will be separate screenings, awards and cash prizes for each category. Muthoot Pappachan Group will be the principal partners for the event
Last year, Actor Revathy, Ajithan Kurup, ad and documentary film maker, journalist Anitha Pratap, cartoonist Unny and Bina Paul were among the jury who judged films in various categories.
Works by noted film makers will also be screened on the occasion.
The details of this event are:
Venue: Fine Arts Hall, Kochi.
Date: 20th and 21st January 2012.
This festival will be free for the film makers as well as the audiences.
For more details login in to: http://www.scriptfilmfest.in/
- Cochin to witness Script 2011- International Short film festival
- Surya Krishnamoorthy and Soorya Festival
- Kerala Tourism ad film ‘Your Moment is Waiting’ wins award at Berlin
- DC Monsoon Book Festival at Panampilly Nagar, Kochi, Kerala
- Miss Kerala 2011 – glamourous Kerala event invite Entries
- Punjabi Food Festival at Le Meridien, Kochi, Kerala
- Manorama Fiesta 2011 shopping festival at Jawaharlal International Stadium in Kaloor, Kochi
- Mango Food Festival at Ramada, Cochin
- Jains Paryushan festival in Mattancherry began celebrations with full vigor and zeal
- Kochi IPL will be known as Kochi Tuskers Kerala